Demand Side Innovation Engineer
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- $141, 860 + 15% Superannuation
- Ongoing, Full Time
- Canberra Location
Join our Customer Connections branch as the Demand Side Innovation Engineer.
Using your business insight, technical skills and creativity, you will drive key strategic initiatives to lead positive change in line with emerging industry trends. You will shape our distribution network for the future in the long-term interests of energy consumers.
We are looking for someone who knows we can never accept that where we are is where we need to be.
Do you have a passion for change, challenge and triumph?
Then we would love to hear from you.
In this role:
- You will contribute to the development of our demand management strategy
- You will promote and embed demand management practices into the planning, delivery and operations of our ‘business as usual’ end-to-end workflows
- You will contribute to network planning recognising the complex interaction between network technical performance and electrical market arrangements
- You will collaborate to generate detailed system modelling and associated integral technical work to business case dynamic demand side management options
- You will build and nurture strong partnerships internally and externally to inspire innovative demand management strategies
More about you:
- You hold an engineering qualification supported by equivalent work experience
- You have a deep understanding of operational and planning functions within an electricity and gas distribution network
- You can demonstrate experience defining and delivering success in demand management and / or innovation programs
We'd love if you had:
- Further studies in the areas of Energy Management, Demand Management, Renewable Energy or equivalent work experience
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified tradespeople who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an extraordinary location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
How can I apply?
You should apply through our e-Recruitment portal outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role.
We encourage you to address in your cover letter how you will contribute to our progressive demand management transformation.
If you have questions about the role, we encourage you to contact Giuliana Baggoley on (02) 6293 5775.
Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contract Talitha Vinall, Evoenergy Talent Partner on (02) 6248 3017.
Applications will close on Sunday 30 September 2018.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Sep 2018
- ACT - Greenway
- Work Type:
- Full Time