We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
WaterNSW has a number of opportunities across the state of NSW within our capital renewals program for Project Managers and is seeking applications from interested and suitably qualified applicants.
As a Project Manager, you will be accountable for the successful delivery of the projects through the management of internal and external resources. You have to manage the planning and delivery of a portfolio of asset projects to meet time, cost and quality objectives using WaterNSW project delivery frameworks and tools. You will control project performance through monitoring all aspects of project delivery and proactively managing situations that could impact on project outcomes. Provide accurate forecasts, regular and timely reporting on project parameters including progress against project plan, risks and issues and on project performance.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher tertiary qualification in Project Management or Engineering or demonstrated relevant experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of PMBOK or Prince 2 methodologies will be advantageous
- Proven ability to manage a range of different stakeholders and their potentially conflicting needs to obtain agreement on actions and outcomes
- Strong commercial acumen to identify benefits, opportunities and trade-offs to be made when formulating and executing business cases, project plans and contract negotiations
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a portfolio of projects preferred.
- Ability to assess safety and other risk exposures and proactively manage these across project lifecycles
- Experience working for public utilities an advantage
- Experience in successfully managing contracts, consultant engagements and contractors to efficiently and effectively deliver desired outcomes.
- Current NSW driver’s Licence
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing collaborative Project Managers who can manage multiple projects, enjoys working across the full delivery cycle, and is able to undertake regular travel around NSW.
- Flexible work location - within NSW
- 9 day fortnight
- Hybrid approach – work from home and office
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- Excellent chance to grow in a high profile organisation and role
We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description .Queries can be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 4th February 2022