Building Approval and Network Protection Officer
Level 2 Zone B
$64,703 plus 15% superannuation
Ongoing / Full-time
Icon Water's Customer Engagement Group is seeking an enthusiastic, positive individual to join our team as a Building Approval and Network Protection Officer.
Who is Icon Water?
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, water and sewerage pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
How will Icon Water support you?
We offer a variety of leave options, workplace flexibility, fully subsidised gym memberships and wellness programs, personal and professional development programs, staff rewards and recognition and so much more.
About your role
You will provide support our team in the delivery of building approvals, network protection notification and asset advice.
Your key responsibilities
As part of our team you will conduct document reviews, site inspections and investigations.
- You will contribute to the continuous improvement and efficiency of building approval and related cross functional procedures.
- You will issue statements of compliance or non-compliance as required to align with the External Development Plan.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ease you will build and maintain positive relationships.
- You will provide advice to architects, designers, builders, property owners to assist them design and construct structures.
What are we looking for?
- A trade qualification (such as plumbing or building) is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the building and construction industry.
- Proven ability to interpret architectural, construction drawings and documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a current drivers license.
How can I apply?
If this role interests you, then we would love for you to log on to our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications, key skills and experiences.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Ian McDonell 02 6180 6013