Planning and Design Engineer
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Planning and Design Engineer
- Remuneration: Commencing from $128,850 plus 15% superannuation
- On-going, full-time
- Help shape a business dedicated to the Canberra community
Icon Water's Project Planning & Design (PPD) is looking for a new team member to take on the role of a Planning and Design Engineer. We are looking for someone who likes to problem solve, has attention to detail and enjoys working in a collaborative environment to foster the development of project performance principles and improvements within the team.
In this role, you will assist the Team Leader Project Planning & Design through the concept and planning of mixed discipline municipal water and wastewater projects, including preparation of technical reports for submission to the executive.
About our team
PPD is part of the Infrastructure Planning & Logistics (IPL) branch and is responsible for coordination and planning of the capital works program in conjunction with the asset owners and planners to ensure delivery of works meets stakeholder and project sponsor requirements.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the Organisation and strongly encourage women to apply.
A day in the life.
- Provide support required for management of concept design consultants
- Assist in monitoring project budgets and schedules using predictive analysis
- Assist with the preparing of project documentation and business cases.
- Prepare concept level and selected detail designs in conjunction with in-house or external resources for selected projects
- Provide considered and documented options analysis and recommendations in a timely and accurate manner for resolution.
- Guide designers and consultants to achieve outcomes that support the project objectives and schedule
- Lead and execute specific procurement tasks such as the invitation and assessment of tenders and the award of contracts in accordance with our procedures and delegations.
To learn more about the key responsibilities of the role, please refer to the position description attached to the job advertisement.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies in line with the project management body of knowledge (PMBOK);
- Demonstrated experience and sound knowledge of engineering and design processes
- Demonstrated experience in technical report writing
- Site based project experience
- Experience in preparation of contractual documentation including tender documents, specifications, scopes, standards, briefs, reports, RFI’s, Variations, budgets and schedules;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Microsoft Project.
How can I apply?
If you enjoy the reward of tackling a challenge and engaging across a bustling organisation, this role could be for you. To apply, log on to our recruitment portal and:
- submit your resume
- submit a cover letter clearly addressing how you meet the requirements of the role. We encourage candidates to address the ‘to succeed in this role, you will have’ section of the job advertisement.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Michael Bursle on Michael.Bursle@iconwater.com.au or 0413 822 643. Or, if you need guidance with the application process, please email email@example.com
Closing Date: 10 July 2022
- Closing Date:
- 10 Jul 2022
- ACT - Mitchell
- $128,850 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time