Junior DevOps Engineer - Health Informatics - [Archived Advertisement]
Junior DevOps Engineer - Health Informatics
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Develop software solutions in the integration and analysis of clinical and other health data
- Maintain and support DevOps toolsets, processes and automation supporting the software development lifecycle
- Join CSIRO’s AEHRC! A truly collaborative, flexible and inclusive workplace
The?unparalleled demands of COVID-19 have been a catalyst for increased focus on digitisation and innovation?in health. CSIRO’s national digital health research program, The?Australian e-Health Research Centre?(AEHRC)?is leading a?national?agenda focused on innovation to?foster continued transformation and sustainable healthcare delivery practices.? We’re championing the digital delivery of healthcare enabled by world-leading digital research and innovation,?industry?partnerships, community?connections,?and national trust.
With?over?100 scientists and engineers across Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth, the AEHRC is Australia’s largest digital health research program, and we’re hiring?a number of?talented researchers, engineers, leaders and project staff to contribute to our significant research objectives.??
The role of a DevOps Engineer within CSIRO is to develop, support, and maintain software and infrastructure enabling CSIRO's research capability for the benefit of Australia's economy, society/community and/or environment through strategic partnerships with industry. The DevOps Engineer will work with CSIRO research scientists and project staff and CSIRO clients to develop, support, and maintain software and infrastructure to assist delivering projects.
The successful candidate will contribute to the evolution of the AEHRC’s existing software and infrastructure, and multiple projects undertaken within AEHRC and with partner organisations. These projects will include the development of new platforms and applications for data interoperability in healthcare – including information modelling with FHIR and OMOP and the use of clinical terminologies such as SNOMED CT.
Your duties will include:
- Work with clients and CSIRO researchers and software engineers to assist projects developing software and solutions to deliver high-impact solutions within the area of integration and analysis of clinical and other health data.
- Maintaining and supporting DevOps toolsets, processes and automation supporting the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the management and administration of operational business systems, web sites and associated infrastructure.
- Communication of project outcomes through support documentation, demonstrations and presentations.
- Help build CSIRO’s research and engineering reputation for integrated and multi-disciplinary science related to health data semantics.
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Salary: AU$87k – AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Interest in developing digital health applications.
- Knowledge and experience with Python, Java-based frameworks and libraries such as Spring Boot, Lucene, Apache Spark.
- Knowledge and experience of public cloud infrastructure, infrastructure as code, and containerised deployment through for example Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of working in a team environment and participating in an agile software development process.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14 August 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 14 Aug 2022
- QLD - Brisbane
- AU$87k – AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time