Senior Manager, CSIRO Futures (Energy and Resources, strategy consulting) - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Manager, CSIRO Futures (Energy and Resources, strategy consulting)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Are you an experienced strategy consultant with expertise across the energy and resources sector?
- Work on unique projects with forward thinking industry and government customers
- Join CSIRO Futures and conduct work that can help solve Australia’s greatest challenges!
CSIRO Futures is the strategic and economic advisory arm of CSIRO – Australia’s national science agency.
Why join CSIRO Futures?
- Work on globally impactful challenges – We work with forward thinking industry and government customers to tackle the world’s most important challenges, including energy transition, sustainable food production and resilient healthcare systems.
- Unparalleled access to scientific expertise – CSIRO sits at the cutting edge of science and technology. CSIRO Futures has direct access to over 5,000 world leading researchers and technologists to ensure our insights are deeper and more evidence-based than other consultancies.
- Innovate for Australia’s future – We draw on our extensive consulting and economic analysis capabilities to identify growth opportunities in existing and emerging industries, and develop strategies for how Australia can pursue them.
- Professional development – Beyond CSIRO’s commitment to dedicated learning and development days, the complex and multi-stakeholder nature of CSIRO Futures projects provide significant senior leadership and management experience compared to other consultancies
- Flexible working arrangements – Our team offers a variety of flexible working arrangements including working from home.
Your duties will include:
- Leading project delivery teams (typically 2 – 5 people) to deliver both national-scale roadmaps and strategic advisory projects.
- Leading the scoping and proposal development for new project opportunities.
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs and tailoring solutions to potentially conflicting requirements.
- Succinctly and professionally communicating complex business, scientific and technical concepts to senior executives and government decision makers.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the team and across CSIRO to reach objectives.
- Developing a working knowledge across CSIRO’s science and technology domains.
Location: Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth.
Salary: $117,917 - $138,176, plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years.
To be considered you will need:
- Undergraduate qualifications in science, engineering, business, finance or economics or a related field that includes a significant analytical component.
- Experience providing strategic advice to the energy and resources industry or working within the industry in a technology or strategy related role.
- Experience in autonomously leading small teams on strategic or technical consulting projects focused on the energy and resources sector and include the gathering, evaluation, analysis and synthesis of a broad range of information to develop robust insights and input into strategic decision making.
- Experience developing and/or applying business analysis and strategic analysis frameworks (e.g.value chain analysis).
- Experience in generating professional quality client-facing written reports and deliverables that clearly communicate analysis and key insights.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and presentation skills, including experience in proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability, modifying project methodology in real time and being able to justify the change.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be currently residing in Australia as an:
1) Australian/New Zealand Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or 2) Australian Temporary Resident, with an existing valid visa and unrestricted work rights for the duration of the 3 year term, and no requirement for visa sponsorship from CSIRO.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 6th June, 11:00pm AEST.
- Closing Date:
- 06 Jun 2022
- $117,917 - $138,176, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Mining & Resources