Data Analytics and Visualisation Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
Data Analytics and Visualisation Specialist
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, in the areas where we live and work across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Endless opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Collaborative, flexible, innovative workplace that values you and your career development
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
CSIRO is Australia’s national science agency, carrying out research and science for Australia’s national benefit in a wide variety of science domains.
This position is a part of a specialist team comprising CSIRO’s Scientific Computing (SC) program. SC is a significant part of the Information Management and Technology business unit.
SC is focused on delivering both access to CSIRO’s computing and data facilities, as well as the associated computational and information management expertise, for all science and research carried out within CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
This role provides scientific data analytics and visualisation expertise to members of CSIRO’s research community and has two main components:
- Providing research groups with expertise and support to address their data analytics and visualisation needs. This includes the development of software solutions, workflows, conversion and remapping of data, and facilitating efficient use of a range of resources including CSIRO’s high-performance visualisation and computing systems.
- Providing expert guidance on third party visualisation applications, tools and frameworks, including their recommendation, selection, training, demonstration and use across a range of scientific disciplines.
Location: Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Adelaide / Perth / Brisbane
Salary: AU$102,754 to AU$111,165 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant work experience in science, mathematics, engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the interrogation and interpretation of scientific/research data sets through various means including data visualisation.
- Experience developing bespoke data visualisation solutions integrating multiple tools, frameworks and libraries such as Leaflet, D3.js, Plotly, Bokeh, Vega, Shiny, Cytoscape, Circos, etc.
- Advanced data cleaning/processing and numerical/statistical analysis skills using languages such as Python or R.
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of:
- Visualisation and analysis of high-resolution spatial data.
- 3D data-driven visualisation and modelling using tools such as Three.js/WebGL, Blender, Unreal Engine, Unity, Drishti, VTK and Houdini.
- Experience developing immersive virtual reality and/or augmented reality data visualisation systems
- Familiarity with cloud-based visualisation systems and/or remote visualisation.
- Experience with distributed database systems and APIs.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this advertised role you must be an Australian Citizen.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additionally this role specifically requires Baseline security clearance and the ability to get NV-1 if needed.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
13th of February 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Feb 2022
- AU$102,754 to AU$111,165 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: