- Team based, collaborative culture
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
In your role of Solution Architect you will work with; product, UX, engineering, and research teams to collaboratively find the right solution which best solves a client’s problem. Solutions which are based on the best science; are built to the highest standard; and can be delivered within budget and time constraints.
As the Solution Architect you will actively seek to understand the wide variety of projects and research activities across the organisations. You will freely share your experience having done similar things in the past, and help individual project teams to think out of the box or see their problems from a different perspective.
Your duties will include:
- Design & develop novel solutions for a wide variety of client problems based on the best science and technology and in close collaboration with our product, engineering and relevant science teams.
- Discover in collaboration with Product the technical and architectural constraints in delivering and integrating our solutions into the client’s environment to optimise the impact of our science and technology.
- Proactively stay informed of any relevant science & technology development within CSIRO which can provide a competitive edge in the solutions we can deliver.
- Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully within and across teams, and with key stakeholders, in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and the reputation of both CSIRO and Data61.
- Contribute to CSIRO’s engineering discipline by promoting the effective the use of software development methodologies, practices and culture.
- Adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Code of Conduct, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Zero Harm goals.
- Other duties as directed
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra, Brisbane
Salary: AU$139,166 – AU$153,975 per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Relevant master's degree, or relevant work experience in software engineering.
- Deep expertise in architecting, developing and deploying commercial-ready software into complex enterprise IT environments as well as modern cloud infrastructure.
- Proven practical expertise in state-of-the art enterprise and cloud-native design patterns.
- Demonstrated experience with engaging with clients, both on the user as well as on the architecture and deployment side to fully understand technical user requirements as well as integration and deployment constraints.
- Sound interpersonal skills as evidenced by the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with clients, across a large organisation like CSIRO, as well as with engineering, product, and UX teams.
- Good judgement as applied to the identification and successful resolution of complex (technical and non-technical) problems and issues.
- Experience mentoring junior staff.
- An undergraduate degree, or equivalent work experience in a science domain.
- Practical expertise in developing strategic roadmaps.
- Hands-on experience with developing SaaS products and platforms.
- Varied programming language paradigms, including object oriented and functional.
- Cloud DevOps and container technologies (we deploy mostly to AWS ECS).
- Design and use of REST APIs.
- A basic understanding of AI technologies.
- A basic understanding of User Discovery.
- Agile project management
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5th December 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2021
- AU$139,166 – AU$153,975 per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time