Strategy Consultant - [Archived Advertisement]
- Showcase your strong market research and analytical abilities
- Work across a broad range of CSIRO’s science and technology domains
- Great long-term role with flexible work arrangements & growth opportunities!
Do you have a passion for science & technology, and enjoy assessing the commercial opportunities they present? We are seeking a motivated & ambitious Strategy Consultant to join our ‘CSIRO Futures’ – strategic advisory team.
As a Strategy Consultant, you will play a key role in supporting the delivery of market research, analysis and consultation to large, multinational companies and government agencies in tackling big challenges and adopting the right innovation.
You will join our dynamic team of strategy advisors, and provide support in various exciting & multidisciplinary projects that focus on identifying and understanding major economic, environmental, social and technological trends that impact particular industry sectors. You will look at how science, technology and innovation can drive competitiveness and unlock new opportunities.
If you have strong market research and analysis skills, excellent communication and report writing skills, and are an enthusiastic & driven team player, we’d love to hear from you!
Your duties will include:
- Gathering, understanding, analysing and synthesising large amounts of information from disparate sources into logical, robust quantitative and qualitative insights & conclusions.
- Extracting information from client and industry workshops & interviews.
- Providing detailed and accurate information/reports based on solid quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Generating improved solutions to complex problems and resolving complaints using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
- Developing a working knowledge across CSIRO’s science and technology domains, and undertaking a range of administrative tasks in accordance with established procedures.
- Seeking opportunities to generate improved solutions in work situations, exercising creativity and initiative.
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Salary: AU$66K to AU$84K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years, Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics or a related field that includes a significant analytical/technical component.
- Strong skills in conducting market research with the ability to gather, evaluate, analyse and synthesise a broad range of technical information, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Ability & experience in developing robust insights and clearly communicating them through written deliverables.
- Demonstrated interest in science and technology.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Competency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be currently residing in Australia as an:
- Australian/New Zealand Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- Australian Temporary Resident with full work rights for the duration of the term (at least until end of 2024), without the requirement of sponsorship from CSIRO.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
7 November 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 07 Nov 2021
- VIC - Melbourne
- AU$66K to AU$84K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: