CSIRO Undergraduate Vacation Studentship - CSIRO Futures - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Undergraduate Vacation Studentship - CSIRO Futures
- Showcase your strong market analysis and technology research skills
- Inform senior business and government decision making across Australia
- Work across a broad range of science and technology domains
Our Undergraduate Vacation Studentships are run over the Australian summer holidays and offer high achieving and promising undergraduate students the opportunity to collaborate with leading CSIRO researchers in our world class facilities.
Students will have the chance to work on a real project in science, technology or a related field such as science communication. This placement will be full time for 8 weeks between late November and February (there may be some flexibility with dates).
The CSIRO Futures team have the following vacation studentship available:
Project Title: Translating science into strategy
Location: Clayton, VIC (Working from Home may be possible)
Scholarship: $1,622.86 per fortnight
CSIRO Futures is the strategic advisory arm of Australia’s national science agency. We work with senior decision makers in Australia's largest companies and government to help answer key strategic questions such as:
- What emerging trends and technologies will re-shape my sector in the coming decades?
- What opportunities and risks will emerge from these rapidly changing landscapes?
- What science and technologies do I need to invest in to maintain or create a competitive advantage?
Specific projects and task will be determined closer to the time of commencement, however typically duties include:
- Data and desktop research to identify supportive quantitative evidence behind report claims/ideas.
- Proof reading, logic checking and editing of draft and final deliverables.
- Assist with the organisation of industry consultation events and workshops, and subsequent information analysis.
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks.
Relevant Fields of Study
This project is open to students of all science and engineering disciplines as well as those studying business and commerce. Undertaking a double degree across a technical and business area or having an interest in strategic planning is preferred.
Contact: For more details please contact Vivek Srinivasan by phone on (03) 9545 8057 or email Vivek.Srinivasan@csiro.au
To be eligible to apply you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or an international student who has full work rights for the 8 to 12 weeks duration (does not require visa sponsorship).
Vacation scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an Australian university;
- have completed at least two years of a full-time (or equivalent) undergraduate course (however exceptional second year students may be considered);
- have a strong academic record (credit average or higher);
- intend to pursue a research career in science or technology, or a career in a related discipline; and
- are available to undertake a full-time placement for 8-12 weeks over the university summer vacation period.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
To apply you will be required to:
- submit a Resume/CV and Cover Letter (as one document) in the ‘Resume/CV’ field which includes:
- the reasons why the research project/s you have selected are of interest to you and how your skills/knowledge meet the project requirements; and
- an outline of your longer-term career aspirations and how this program will help you achieve them.
- upload your academic results in the ‘Cover Letter’ field;
- in the ‘Education’ section select your university from the Educational Institute list;
- in the ‘Job-Specific Information’ section select ‘Not Applicable’ for both Preference 1 and Preference 2; and enter your Grade Point Average (GPA).
If you experience difficulties applying online call 1300 984 220 and someone will be able to assist you. Outside business hours please email: email@example.com.
Diversity and Inclusion
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Wednesday 4 August 2021 at 11:00pm AEST
COVID-19 restrictions: We have many projects on offer across our sites and we hope to fill all of these positions, however please be aware that the COVID-19 restrictions could impact some projects. Depending on the restrictions in place we may not be able to proceed with some projects or we may be required to only consider students who reside closer to the location due to restricted interstate travel. We will endeavour to keep everyone informed of any changes as we progress through the recruitment process.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Aug 2021
- $1,622.86 per fortnight
- Work Type: