GPU Software Engineer - Astronomy - [Archived Advertisement]
GPU Software Engineer - Astronomy
- Contribute to large instrumentation projects
- Draw on your CUDA C/C++ programming expertise
- Help further Australia’s word-class capability in radio-astronomy and space science
As a GPU Software Engineer with CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science (CASS), you will be responsible for the development, testing and continuous improvement of CUDA C/C++ software for GPU processing of streaming digital signals from radio telescopes. You will contribute to the design, implementation and support of digital systems that further Australia’s world-class capability in radio astronomy and space science. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, influence research directions, provide engineering leadership, and pursue new ideas and technologies for CSIRO. Experience with other CPU/GPU/FPGA programming environments such as OpenACC, OpenCL or High Level Synthesis (HLS) would be beneficial in the role.
CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science is committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace culture and implementing initiatives to improve diversity and equity within our workplace. CSIRO offers a range of flexible working arrangements to support these initiatives including part time and job-sharing options.
In this role you will:
- Develop, test, and continuously improve CUDA C/C++ software for GPU processing.
- Explore new programming languages and techniques, and deliver clean, scalable, reliable, and high-quality test-driven code.
- Design, develop and adapt digital systems and software.
- Liaise with stakeholders and advise on the level and type of services provided.
- Participate in project scoping and planning, making significant contributions to the research or technological direction.
- Advise and support efforts to develop astronomy techniques and systems for commercial application.
- Have a significant role in communicating research or technological results.
- Lead teams and/or collaborate with staff from other teams in meeting their objectives.
- Produce novel techniques and provide researchers with new or improved approaches to research or technical problems.
Location: Marsfield (Sydney) New South Wales
Salary: AU$98k to AU$106k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
To be considered you will hold a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in engineering, physical science or computer science.
You will also have:
- Expertise in CUDA C/C++ programming (with consideration for equivalents such as OpenACC, OpenCL and HLS).
- Experience developing software under version control in a collaborative environment, and a strong aptitude for testing, system integration and verification.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-skilled and multidisciplinary team
- The ability to organise, set priorities, and work independently and effectively on complex problems that are sometimes ill-defined
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Clearance or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your suitability for the role, paying particular attention to the requirements outlined in the Position Details.
Monday 12 April, 2021 (11pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Apr 2021
- NSW - Marsfield
- Work Type: