- Are you experienced in geotechnical engineering?
- Do you have a sound knowledge on concepts of differential/selective blasting
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Mineral Resources is seeking to appoint a Research Scientist for the Blasting Geomechanics area.
As the successful candidate you will develop and apply numerical and theoretical techniques to improve blast design with application to Grade Engineering, high energy and novel wall control applications.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Numerical and theoretical model developments and scripting for rock blast modelling
- Research in rock mechanics, theories of blasting, effect of mining on rock mass deformation (e.g., in cave mining)
Location: Pullenvale QLD
Salary: AU$97K - AU$105K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as Geomechanics
- Site experience in tunnelling, surface and underground mining using mechanical and blast excavation.
- Site experience in rock mass classification and characterisation for geotechnical engineering.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Sunday 07 October 2018