- Are you looking for a unique career?
- Be part of CSIRO's collaboration with NASA
- Do you excel at delivering technical solutions and communicating with clients?
The successful candidate will provide technical support for Deep Space Network flight computer systems in a real-time operational environment. You will also provide IT Security support for these systems and assist with tasks being performed at CDSCC in support of operational automation and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory sponsored Centre of Excellence for automated software installation.
- Commission, upgrade, test, calibration and repair of equipment and subsystems that are part of the monitor and control, tracking, telemetry and command systems.
- Installation and maintenance of operational software, including OS / security patches.
- System Administration (primarily Linux) in a secure networked environment.
- Ensure the ongoing availability of critical flight computer systems.
- Provide supervision and technical guidance to visiting contractors for new or upgraded systems.
- In a team environment, develop and support a network based software installation service and deliver associated products to DSN wide Flight Systems.
- Work with Operations staff members to develop and evolve DSN operations automation tools.
Location: Tidbinbilla, ACT
Salary: AU $95k to $105k + $5.7k Tracking Station Allowance + Superannuation and any other applicable allowances
To be successful you will have:
- A degree in a relevant Engineering or Information Technology area.
- A current Driver’s Licence.
- Experience / Certifications in Linux or Unix Systems Administration for e.g. Red Hat Linux or a Sun Microsystems Solaris Advanced Systems Administration Qualification.
- An ability to troubleshoot hardware problems to a systems level.
- An ability to provide quality service to clients while under minimal supervision.
- An ability to exercise sound judgement and act on initiative in routine matters, and when required, under operational pressure.
- An ability to effectively present information and liaise appropriately with overseas colleagues.
- Demonstrated the ability to foster teamwork and develop effective working relationships.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: Monday 20th August 2018