- Discover solutions to unsolved problems in the field of confidential computing.
- Build revolutionary technology.
- Join CSIRO's Data61 Australia's largest data innovation group
Confidential Computing at Data61 brings together engineering and research expertise from different disciplines including Cryptography, Machine Learning, Analytics and Software Engineering. The team is focused on creating a new type of "privacy-preserving" data science capability for Data61's various enterprise and government customers and partners.
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a collaborative team to build secure, elegant, robust and scalable solutions to unsolved problems in the field of confidential computing. You will be an integral part of the team building revolutionary analytics technology at Data61.
We believe that good ideas come from anywhere in the organisation. We offer a safe and respectful work environment and promote a culture of openness, equality, respect, and inclusion. We value diversity in all forms and welcome applications from people of all ages, including people with a disability, and those who identify as LGBTI.
Our Tech Stack
- Cloud based micro service infrastructure using - docker, kubernetes, AWS
- Server side apps written in - Java8, Python3
- Front end built with - React, Material
- Continuous integration using - Jenkins, Travis
- Other tech - elasticsearch, postgresql, celery, redis, nginx, flask
Your duties will include:
- Design build of back end systems and ensure their implementation is secure, efficient and maintainable.
- Think creatively, prototype new ideas and see them through to production.
- Provide technical direction, take ownership of projects, present ideas and foster creativity in others.
- Collaboration with engineering, research, UI/UX and business teams.
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: AU $95K to AU $103K plus up to $15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or in a related scientific or engineering discipline.
- Expertise in REST API design and implementation using current web server development tools and methodologies.
- To demonstrate a strong understanding of current technical best practice.
- Experience developing robust and secure applications.
- Capability developing in Python
- Professional experience in bringing projects to market
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
About us: We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Data61 In today’s data-focused world, there’s no doubt that numbers count. Data61 are the largest data innovation group in Australia, a connector that brings together technology innovators, businesses and universities to transform Australian industry and to help solve our greatest challenges. A CSIRO business, we are creating our data-driven future! http://www.csiro.au/en/Research/D61
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications open until filled.