- Are you a talented and experienced product manager?
- Do you have a deep understanding of the technology sector?
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO is seeking to appoint 2 Senior Product Managers. You as the successful candidate will develop product strategies and roadmaps for selected opportunities.
You will work closely with development and research teams in order to develop Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) or achieve any other outcomes that support the relevant commercial strategy.
To be successful for this role you will need a strong track record of translating research and technology into real world solutions, based on market needs. You will need the ability to influence teams and build strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Review and undertake market and competitor review in areas of strategic importance to Data61
- Planning, implementing and development of roadmaps underpinning current and future product development
- Leading in preparing market and product requirements documents
Location: Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne preferred (Other locations may be considered)
Salary: $131K - $145K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, computer science or business management or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated track record in product management and translating market needs into high-value solutions and outcomes.
- Outstanding ability to engage with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders and identify key problems and user-needs.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Find out more! CSIRO Balance
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions. Where text responses are required, to avoid being timed out of the system we recommend that you prepare your responses off line and paste them into the appropriate area prior to submitting your application.
Applications open until filled