- Can you provide high quality HSE support to CSIRO?
- Do you have a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering background?
- Use your laboratory experience to help the CSIRO HSE Team deliver a one-CSIRO HSE culture!
The HSE Advisor – Chemical Safety will deliver high quality HSE support to the organisation in two key areas, Chemical Safety and HSE Management. Chemical Safety is responsible for providing specialist advice to assist laboratory and other staff in understanding the specific risks associated with using, storing and disposing of chemicals. HSE Management ensures that day to day HSE support is provided to some specific teams and during defined periods as required.
The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) function within CSIRO seeks to continuously improve the safety of the working environment to prevent injuries and illness, while caring for the natural and built environment. HSE is responsible for supporting the objectives of striving for Zero Harm in CSIRO and the delivery of a one-CSIRO HSE culture through consistency of strategy, procedure and deployment of initiatives. It is committed to reinforcing line management accountability by ensuring that professional and skilled HSE support is available; effective working relationships are developed and sustained; and that best HSE practice can be transferred across CSIRO.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $78k to AU $88k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 Year Specified Term
To be eligible for this position, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in complex chemical management in a laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in training laboratory staff in the safe use, labelling, storage and disposal of chemicals.
- Demonstrated experience as a trusted advisor, with the ability to build strong client relationships which foster networks to deliver HSE initiatives whilst contributing positively to a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and consider the implications of a range of available alternatives in order to select the most appropriate response to problems of a familiar or recurring nature.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to put forward ideas by presenting factual information supported by data, definitions, examples, illustrations or other aids, which will assist in conveying meaning.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume, ensuring that you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability for this role. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 22 February 2017.