Have you ever wondered who's behind orchestrating Victoria's public transport system? Well…that's us! Public Transport Victoria (PTV) helps hundreds of thousands of Victorian's make their way to and from life's events. That may be arriving to work or school, visiting family or friends, attending sporting or entertainment events, whatever it is, we play a role.
PTV sits with VicRoads, VicTrack and V/Line in the DEDJTR Transport portfolio. We work together with our partners to deliver a simpler, more coordinated transport system for Victoria. At PTV, our vision is to deliver a safe and inclusive public transport network that all Victorians choose to use. We focus foremost on network users, ensuring Victorians and visitors can connect to services across our state using public transport, while enabling a prosperous and sustainable Victoria. Our team develops and nurtures a strong, vibrant culture encouraging innovation to drive a high performing organisation. We build on the hard work, passion and creativity of our people to promote excellence in our industry, and greater mobility for all Victorians.
The key focus of this role will be:
- Ensure that the Chief Engineer and the CEO of PTV are represented on rail signalling technology matters within the public transport portfolio
- Reports, technical and professional documents, Ministerial briefs, Cabinet and agency committee submissions are prepared and presented
- Supports policy development and implementation, providing engineering analysis and advice to projects, providing technical oversight for operations, and contributing to broader PTV responsibilities with respect to communications and signalling technology
- Engineering management systems, standards, processes, procedures and information required are developed and implemented to deliver engineering services and the public transport system more broadly
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience :
- Relevant tertiary qualification in engineering (communication or signalling technology) or similar field and proven experience in rail environments
- Relevant post graduate qualification in a relevant technical field
What you'll get in return :
- A rewarding career with a growing organisation
- Career development and support through ongoing mentoring & training
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
Application closes Midnight 3rd October 2017
What you need to do now :
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and make the most of this rare opportunity please apply via the link below. Alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Len Neist on 03 9027 4260. For more information, please review the position description to get a better understanding of the role and responsibility.