Principal Electrical Engineer - Contractor - [Archived Advertisement]
Cochlear Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Principal Electrical Engineer - Contractor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly experienced Principal Electrical Engineer - Contractor. This will be on a 6-month fixed-term contract. In this exciting role, you will actively contribute to the development of innovative and exciting new products which transform the lives of hearing-impaired people everywhere. This leadership role will drive change and continuous improvement of Cochlear’s engineering processes and practices. You will collaborate in generating leading- edge technologies to support the growth of Cochlear as a global industry leader in research and innovation. This role involves providing guidance and direction on product development projects planning and execution according to the product development plan.
Key Role Accountabilities
Leadership of activities for technology and product development
- Be a principal authority for engineering for specified Cochlear sound processor product developments, setting the engineering direction and leadership of product development projects with minimal guidance
- Collaborate cross-functionally and remove boundaries to ensure designs integrate with other functions (ASIC, FW, mechanical, manufacturing, production test systems etc) to ensure excellent quality
- Contribute to product design decisions, architecture and requirements to enable Cochlear to design and deliver the right products at the right time
- Contribute expert advice for hazard analysis and FMEAs
- Consider regulatory impact of architectures and designs (e.g. ESD, EMC, safety etc)
- Participate in improving design technology and methodologies ensuring that the leading edge technology is considered in designs
- Identify and lead changes to process improvements across Cochlear's engineering practices
- Improve Cochlear's engineering capability by training others in new practices, methods and tools
Key Role Requirements
- Tertiary Qualifications - minimum Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering
- Min 10 years post-qualification design & development experience
- Detailed understanding of electronic circuits, components and architectures
- Experience in analogue and digital hardware and system design
- Experience with electrical CAD tools - schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout.
- Experience in the medical device, automotive or defence industry
- Software/Firmware development experience (embedded FW, C, Labview etc)
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Feb 2021
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type: