The City of Bunbury has an exciting opportunity available within its Works and Services Directorate for a Design Engineer.
To succeed in this role you will have proven experience in the design of civil infrastructure utilising this knowledge to lead and guide the design, project planning and survey team.
To be considered for the role the City is looking for candidates with experience in civil engineering design, costing, contract preparation and administration.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a National Police Clearance.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Prepare and arrange conceptual design, surveying, detailed design, costing and public consultation of municipal works.
- Provide professional engineering expertise, guidance and leadership.
- Prepare and manage design services programs and projects to achieve objectives within time, cost and quality requirements.
- Engage and supervise consultants undertaking surveying and design in preparation of City works.
- Engage Superintendents and Project Manages City construction projects when required.
- Provide guidance and technical advice to other council departments.
- Respond to enquiries, requests or complaints from external or internal customers.
- Recommend engineering conditions and provide advice to the Development Control Unit.
- Input into the preparation of Council's Annual Works Programs and Budgets.
- Prepares Council reports.
The key skills required for this role include:
- Leadership and staff supervision
- Developed computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite, Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Time management and organisation
- Written and verbal communication
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2018 Enterprise Agreement with a level 7 to level 8 salary range of $87,149 to $93,755 gross depending on experience and qualifications.
- Permanent position
- Full time appointment
- 9.5% super
- Additional super contributions of up to 5%
The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.
Only applications submitted via the City of Bunbury Careers website will be accepted.