Development Planning team is seeking a reliable and experienced Major Development Planner to join the team on a permanent full time basis to manage major complex planning applications and planning assignments.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that the statutory planning services of Council are delivered in an efficient and professional manner in accordance with policies and practices
- Assess major and complex planning applications and standard planning applications
- Assist Team Leaders in overseeing, leading and reviewing the work of Development Planning staff
- Provide advice, support and project management on strategic and operational matters affecting Banyule and Development
We are looking for:
- Recognised tertiary qualification in urban planning
- Knowledge of urban planning and development issues
- Demonstrated experience working with and implementing planning schemes and regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of planning enforcement
- Management and leadership skills and the ability to coach, motivate and influence.
- A strong understanding of the principles of excellent customer service.
- Interpersonal and communications skills including report writing.
- Innovation and ability to deliver service improvements
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
What’s on offer?
- Salary range $96,444.07 to $107,598.98 plus super.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Permanent full time - rostered day off every 4 weeks
- Access to Learning and development opportunities and range of Health and Well-being initiatives such as discounted gym memberships
- Greensborough office close to public transport, shops and cafes
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact David Moon Tel: 9457 9871 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Thursday 4 November 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.