We have an exciting opportunity for a Traffic and Transport Engineer to join the Engineering Services unit on a permanent basis.
As the Traffic and Transport Engineer you will investigate and resolve traffic and transport issues raised by the community and internal & external stakeholders. You will also manage the delivery of small to medium-scale traffic and transport projects, seeing them from start to completion.
You will have:
- A Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent Engineering qualification recognised by the Institution of Engineers, Australia and several years of experience in traffic and transport or civil engineering field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce reports.
- Proven ability to undertake significant consultations which are complex and sensitive, and to provide accurate and timely advice on traffic and transport related matters, in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and deliver projects in an effective and efficient manner.
- An understanding of relevant guidelines, standards, regulations and Acts relating to traffic and transport.
We can offer you:
- $68,381.87 to $79,218.08 plus super.
- Permanent full time and a day off every 4 weeks.
- Office in Greensborough close to shops, cafes, and public transport.
- 20% discount in your yearly myki pass.
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and well-being initiatives.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via our website – www.banyule.vic.gov.au
To discuss your suitability you may contact Gourav Mongia Acting Team Leader Traffic & Transport on 9490 4505 or John Milkins Transport Engineering Coordinator on 9457 9834 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close at 11.45pm on Sunday 3 February 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.