Banyule City Council has a newly created position in our Transport, Sustainability & Municipal Laws service unit for a Senior Traffic Engineer to assist in the evaluation of major projects.
The North East Link and other major state government projects significantly impact on Banyule and provide an opportunity for you to help improve the outcome for our community.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in traffic engineering/design and/or major projects and would enjoy influencing the outcome of major transport infrastructure. You will be liaising with other Councils and State Government Departments, providing an opportunity to improve your communication and negotiation skills.
To hit the ground running you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Traffic Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent Engineering qualification recognised by the institution of Engineers, Australia.
- A high level of understanding and demonstrated experience in established traffic and transport engineering practices and principles, policies and practices and relevant Australian Codes, Standards and Guidelines and community expectations and requirements.
- Proven ability to provide high quality traffic engineering services for Council, including being at the forefront of progressive practices in traffic and transport engineering and project development.
- Proven ability to undertake investigations and prepare detailed reports and correspondence.
- Proficient literacy, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
What’s on offer?
- Full time, temporary until December 2018
- Great learning opportunity
- An attractive $81, 372 - $88,466 (pro rata) plus super
- Working in a supportive team environment
- Enjoy a beautiful modern office that’s close to shops and public transport and access to on-site gymnasium and swimming facilities.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the 'apply' link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact David Bailey, Transport Advocacy Manager on 9457 9805 for a confidential conversation.
Banyule City Council is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our careers page.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Friday 27 April 2018