We have an exciting newly created senior leadership role in our Operations department for an experienced engineer following a merging of our Infrastructure Maintenance and Street Sweeping & Cleansing service units.
You will provide leadership to the Drainage Maintenance, Road Infrastructure Maintenance and Street Sweeping & Cleansing Services teams and will be a specialist in the delivery of road infrastructure and stormwater drainage maintenance.
Your ability to build strong cross departmental relationships, innovate and provide strategic thinking will be an asset to this role as you will need to:
- Lead and coordinate the delivery and functions of the Cleansing and Infrastructure and Drainage Maintenance Service units to ensure the services meet or better industry standards and are delivered in a cost effective, timely, safe and professional manner.
- Plan and implement Drainage and Road Infrastructure Maintenance and Cleansing Services to meet community and stakeholders expectations.
- Coordinate relevant projects within the Operations Business Unit and provide engineering, technical and strategic support to the Manager Operations and Operations Centre service units.
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or similar with extensive experience in leading the delivery of road infrastructure and drainage maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a multi-disciplinary work force ensuring the management of performance and development of staff to promote a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing service delivery, projects, contracts and budgets.
As well as a great career you will have access to:
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Rostered day off every 4 weeks
- Discounted private health insurance
- Discounted gym membership
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the 'apply now' button or to discuss your suitability you may call Russell Darling, Manager Operations on 0394904502.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 19 October 2017
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.