Powerlink Queensland is a Government Owned Corporation that owns, develops, operates and maintains the High Voltage Electricity Transmission network in Queensland. Powerlink's primary role is to provide a safe, cost effective and reliable transmission network to transport high voltage electricity to the electricity distribution networks. Powerlink also transports electricity to large industrial customers such as rail companies, mines and mineral processing facilities that are directly connected to our high voltage network. Powerlink provides these electricity connection services on a non-regulated basis. With a reputation for a great working environment, Powerlink has an opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to join our Delivery and Technical Solutions Division in a Temporary (23 month), Full-Time Project Commissioning Manager role.
The purpose of the Project Commissioning Manager position is to provide commissioning expertise for Powerlink projects, planning and managing all testing and commissioning activities across the wider project lifecycle in order to deliver all allocated projects successfully.
- Manage all testing and commissioning activities for high voltage substations and transmission lines throughout Queensland safely and efficiently, including managing the interfaces with support from Project Managers, Designers, Operations, Field Staff and other Divisions;
- Manage development of Commissioning Staging Plans, integrated in the Project Staging, which supports the Program Plans;
- Develop Commissioning Advice documentation describing the scope of the Commissioning works to be carried out, including a list of all equipment to be tested and commissioned;
- Prepare a Commissioning Schedule for allocated projects, to ensure all activities are logically managed;
- Management and validation of all technical specification portions of the testing and pre-commissioning components of contracts for works requiring design, construction and testing services;
- Provide input to Project Manager’s Outage Management Plan to ensure the Outages are managed effectively with regard to safety and efficiency;
- Prepare Commissioning Test Plans to ensure complex circuitry and protection logic is fit for its intended purpose prior to energisation;
- Overall management of site pre-commissioning and final commissioning works for each commissioning stage of a project (note: most projects have multiple stages and some may have in excess of 20 stages)
- Share Commissioning knowledge and experience throughout Business Unit to promote commissioning philosophies; and
- Ensure that electrical safety and work health and safety are considered holistically as a core part of overall commissioning.
To be successful in this role the applicant will require Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent recognised by Engineers Australia) or an advanced Diploma of Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor of Technology or equivalent, combined with relevant applied industry experience. Also required is, demonstrated considerable experience working in a high voltage environment, particularly substations, secondary systems (control, metering and protection), telecommunications, and transmission lines performing commissioning, project management, or construction related tasks.
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply' button and upload your application, consisting of an updated resume and a cover letter is optional. Applications will close at 11.55pm, Sunday, 30 July 2017. All applications will be reviewed after this date. Please monitor your email for any further communication.
For further information please review the position description below:
170623 Position Description - DTS - Infrastructure Delivery - Project Commissioning Manager - June 2017.pdf