Crew Leader - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Division: CITY SERVICES
Unit: CITY INFRASTRUCTURE & TRAFFIC OPERATIONS
Section: INFRASTRUCTURE MAINTENANCE
Salary: AUD 60,360 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Inner Sydney
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
We are looking for an energetic, customer-focused individual with a good understanding of civil infrastructure maintenance to join our dynamic team.
The position involves fieldwork and will include leading a small crew in a range of labouring and plant operating activities related to infrastructure maintenance.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- a Certificate level qualification in a related field or extensive practical experience in construction, restoration and maintenance of civil infrastructure assets
- demonstrated experience in planning and leading a civil maintenance team in a high traffic high pedestrian location
- to hold a current NSW C Class driver licence and be willing to obtain an MR licence in the first six months of employment (training provided)
- demonstrated experience in managing a safe working environment, including experience in onsite risk assessment and control of identified hazards, SWMS compliance and site traffic control
- to hold a current WorkCover General Induction card.
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger - delivering great things for our city's dynamic future.
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a pre-employment medical examination.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm on Friday 22 November 2019.
For further information contact: Paul Smithson, Operations Manager on 02 8019 6934.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Nov 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 60,360 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time