With over 7,500 staff, approximately $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our Track and Civil Engineering team, within the Asset Planning. Based out of the Brisbane CBD office, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing engineering technical advice, managing external consultants and developing strategies to achieve valuable commercial outcomes across Queensland Rail. To be successful in this role it is a requirement to have a Bachelor – Engineering (Civil) qualification
You can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Provide direction and civil engineering technical support to station, track and structures projects ensuring safe, efficient and effective operation
- Maximise commercial outcomes by developing, implementing and evaluating project strategies and by applying high quality negotiation, influencing, resolution and communication skills (verbal and written) to complex situations.
- Ensure project management principles are followed to deliver consistent engineering solutions to meet operational requirements and commercial outcomes.
- Manage projects, consultancies and contracts for Queensland Rail infrastructure projects
- Develop, implement and maintain relationships both within Queensland Rail and with external providers
What you’ll bring
- You’ll be a technically strong Civil Engineer with at least 3 years’ experience
- You’ll balance engineering rigour with a people focus, so you’ll know about asset management and maintenance but appreciate the importance of adhering to budgets and schedules
- A strong communicator, relationship builder and influencer - you’ll have the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders as a company representative on technical issues
- Analytical and incisive, you’ll spot issues and use your own ingenuity and engage with your colleagues to solve problems collaboratively
- Have experience delivering civil engineering solutions within a large, complex environment
- Moderate level of skill in project management, integrating business processes and innovation with a multi-disciplinary project team
- Rail Industry Experience
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging – starting at $91,435 base + super and OT where applicable
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Apply to position number 70423 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Friday the 12th of June 2020. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.