Coordinator Water Development & Assessment - [Archived Advertisement]
MidCoast Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Coordinator Water Development & Assessment
Job No: MCC152330
Are you looking for the right career and lifestyle move for 2023? Do you want to make an impact on the future of water for the community you live in? Here's your opportunity to kick a career goal while you enjoy an incredible lifestyle on the beautiful Barrington Coast.
MidCoast Council's Award winning Water Division includes 6 water supply schemes and state of the art water treatment plants, 14 sewerage schemes and 10 recycled water schemes.
This role sits within the Water Planning & Assets department and holds leadership responsibilities for the Water & Sewer Development and Assessment team. You’ll lead, support and advise Technical Officers and Plumbing & Infrastructure Inspectors on complex applications and issues in order to provide effective and efficient water & sewerage development engineering related services and expertise. You’ll also have responsibility for overseeing the backflow prevention program, managing the assessment of subdivisions for water and sewage servicing, ensuring that standards and specifications are current, and managing the water and sewer contractor accreditation program.
What you'll bring
- Strong leadership experience with a proven track record
- Degree level qualifications in Engineering (or similar discipline)
- Extensive Water/Sewer experience including service planning and development assessment
- Solid working knowledge of water and sewer systems, function and design
What we offer
- Long service leave when you’ve been with us for over 5 years
- 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Generous leave entitlements
- Flexible work options, including a hybrid model of working from home and the office
- Work in a modern office that provides a variety of work settings supported by the right technology
- Ongoing personal and professional development programs
- Study assistance and study leave
The package: Salary package range circa $107,375 - $128,850 p.a. plus superannuation (negotiable for the right person).
A vehicle arrangement will be made with the successful candidate for this role. MCC’s vehicle arrangements provide you with two options:
- The payment of a Vehicle Allowance equating to approximately $8,500 p/a; or
- A Leaseback Vehicle whereby Council provides you with a vehicle for an annual fee calculated as 20% of the gross purchase price. This is a fully maintained vehicle for both business and full private use with no additional expenses in normal use.
Location: This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Gunyah at 2 Biripi Way Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent Full Time.
Closing Date: Sunday 5 February 2023 at 11.30pm.
Want to know more?
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact Tracey Hamer, Manager Water Planning and Assets who is the hiring manager for this role. Tracey can be reached on (02) 7955 7853 or email@example.com.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Jo Love, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist who is the Talent Acquisition contact for this role. Jo can be reached on (02) 7955 7310 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the position description in PDF or Word formats
- When responding to the questions below, please include detailed and relevant examples of your skills and experience
- You have the option to save your application prior to submitting, however please ensure you don't forget to submit your application before the closing date
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the application form to attach your resume
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important resource and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre is a state-of-the-art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or marital, veteran or disability status. If you have a disability and need to request any adjustments to assist with the application process, or to discuss workplace adjustments you may require, please contact the HR representative.
Council also recognises the skills and attributes of veterans and welcomes applications from ex-service personnel.
We’re a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2023
- NSW - Taree
- package range circa $107,375 - $128,850 p.a. plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time