$108,195 - $122,044 (plus Super)
Rockingham - WA
As a Systems Engineer in the Maritime Warfare Centre (MWC) you will be able to apply your engineering knowledge to analyse and evaluate complex systems in the field of weapons performance and signature analysis.
There are multiple positions available and it is strongly encouraged that you engage with the contact officer to help you understand how your skills can be your pass to an exciting career.
There are opportunities to expand your career through representational duties (domestically and overseas) leadership development and technical training (naval systems, test & evaluation and data exploitation, including Machine Learning).
- Telemetry and Missile Systems - Analysis of guided missiles and the systems that support.
- Operational Analysis - Analysis of systems & tactics in a simulated/stimulated environment.
- Platform Susceptibility - Analysis of systems and environment to minimise detectability.
- Signature Management - Application of systems and services to minimise platform signatures.
About our Team
Modern technological advances are rapidly translating into pervasive military capabilities in our region. This strategic competition has renewed the need to optimise and improve the effectiveness and lethality of Australia’s maritime capability in defence of the nation’s interests. The MWC is committed to achieving this through the delivery of critical support functions including the analysis of maritime systems, test and evaluation, development of tactics, providing contemporary ranges/targets and providing specialist advice.
The teams you will lead directly support this mission through analysis and test & evaluation activities including:
- Minimisation of platform susceptibilities through effective signature management
- Maximising warfighting effectiveness through measurement and analysis.
- Use and distribution of data as the source of truth to inform decision making.
- Operational Analysis for optimising posture, risk identification and deterrence.
Join a team that works collaboratively with Engineers from different disciplines, industry and Government, civilian and military, to understand, shape and improve warfighting capabilities across Navy.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in working for Navy and desire to apply their engineering/analytical skills to solve problems and identify opportunities to improve.
You will contribute to a culture of cooperation for development and sharing of knowledge whilst exercising initiative and judgement and providing leadership to your team.
Candidates are sought with interest in the following areas:
- Naval Combat Systems, guided and non-guided munitions.
- Data acquisition systems.
- Development of analytic systems for performance evaluation (e.g. software, hardware and data professionals).
- Geographic information systems.
- Autonomous vehicles.
- Modelling and simulation.
The successful candidate will have engineering or scientific qualifications with practical experience in the field of their primary qualification.
Disciplines that are appropriate to these positions include:
- Electrical/electronic engineer.
- Mechanical engineering.
- Software development.
- RF Communication engineer.
Post Graduate qualifications or experience as Systems Engineer is advantageous.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 28 May, 2023
For further information please review the job information pack, reference NAVY/03819/23 on https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/?jati=EE8BF215-3522-A6F8-5EAA-D1A4A91D4827