Executive Level 2
$125,622 - $150,785 (plus Super and BDCP)
Reid - ACT
Chief Information Officer Group (CIOG) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced cyber security professional and program manager to lead the implementation of the Defence Cyber Security Strategy. Under broad direction, the Director Cyber Security Strategy and Programs (DCSSP) is responsible to the Defence Chief Information Security Officer for the ongoing development and implementation of the cyber security strategic direction in Defence, the management and oversight of its cyber security program, and supporting Defences contribution to whole-of-Government cyber security such as initiatives under the Australian Cyber Security Strategy.
The DCSSP will provide day-to-day leadership for the Defence Cyber Security Strategy project team and other associated programs of work. As an integral member of a cybersecurity senior leadership team and Defence cyber community, DCSSP will work extensively across Defence, along with Australian Whole of Government and Industry, to drive strategy implementation that delivers Defence Enterprise level cyber security outcomes for the portfolio.
The additional payment is a Building Defence Capability Payment (BDCP) which enables Defence to provide a premium, in addition to the rate of salary otherwise payable under the Enterprise Agreement (EA) to some or all of the jobs within a critical occupation(s) or discipline within a workplace. Applicants engaged into a BDCP position must consider the following. BDCPs provide remuneration in addition to the Defence Enterprise Agreement (EA). This arrangement is subject to meeting eligibility criteria and is subject to annual review. Should your performance fall beyond requirements or the eligibility criteria not be met, your eligibility for the BDCP may be reviewed and ceased. It may also be ceased should you change positions or the requirement for the BDCP is no longer necessary, as determined by Defence. Should the BDCP be ceased you will be advised and your BDCP additional payment will cease.
About our Team
ICT Security Branch plays a leading role in securing, assuring and defending Defence’s systems to support Defence’s mission. We are a multi-disciplined team consisting of APS, ADF, and contractors that work with all Groups and Services to support the protection of Defence information system capabilities.
The Directorate of Cyber Security Strategy and Programs provides strategic guidance for Defence. The strategic intent of the Directorate is to enhance Defence's cyber security framework. This will enable effective maturity assessment of Defence's cybersecurity capability and in turn, facilitate ongoing dynamic updates to Defence's Cyber Security Strategy and Action Plan.
Our Ideal Candidate
As DCSSP you will:
- Have extensive experience in the development and implementation of strategies, including demonstrated application of methodologies and approaches to measure the strategy’s performance.
- Have proven leadership experience of multi-disciplinary teams and a strong ability to drive effective collaboration across an organisation.
- Have extensive knowledge relating to cyber security standards, frameworks and policy, including national regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Possess a high level of business acumen and strong strategic thinking, conceptual and analytical skills, with demonstrable ability to cultivate strategic direction that is well aligned to the organisation’s context and priorities.
- Have a demonstrated ability to communicate and negotiate with influence to internal and external stakeholders, to deliver Defence Enterprise level strategic outcomes, and provide high quality advice to senior leadership.
- Have proven experience in collaborating with multiple organisations and stakeholders to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes in support of whole-of-government or whole-of-Industry sector cyber security initiatives.
- Demonstrate resilience and the ability to solve complex problems to effectively operate in a high tempo and dynamic environment with competing priorities.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 22 March 2023
For further information please review the job information pack, reference CIOG/01747/23 on https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/?jati=F3D47AE4-1F54-5ECD-34ED-D17527F1CEDE.