APS Level 5
$76,611- $82,059 (plus Super)
Russell - ACT
The ICT System Test Engineer within the team develops procedures and strategies to support, create, maintain and manage system testing across the GENESYS systems. They provide test cases, investigate and analyse User issues to help the developers try to resolve system or performance issues and to test system behaviours and integration between systems.
They will also support the ICT Business Analysts and the Training teams by helping to support the development and sustainment of the GENESYS systems and training plans by analysing the organisations requirements and documenting the business model, and help to coordinate system training and testing new training packages. To succeed in this environment, you must demonstrate integrity, curiosity, resilience, a willingness to learn, the ability to work effectively in a small team and personal drive to deliver better outcomes for Defence and Government.
The role is based at Russell Offices in Canberra with flexible work arrangements available and the role may require some domestic travel to support the team. You will have the opportunity for advancement within the Branch and the skills and experience we provide are highly valued across Defence and the broader Australian Public Service.
About our Team
The GENESYS Business Unit (GBU) is a specialist software team within Defence and charged with sustaining and developing the systems on the GENESYS framework. The GENESYS systems are used across Defence for a variety of purposes ranging from Risk/Issue/Status reporting, Capability, Synchronisation and Budgeting management, compliance and assurance, Lesson and glossary management.
GBU will provide you the opportunity to work within a dynamic and flexible environment as part of an inclusive, diverse, innovative and well-respected team. We provide opportunities for professional development, including formal qualification courses, continuation training and on-the-job training.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Design test case and plans and coordinate the testing process among a team
- Proactively support system regression testing, user acceptance testing, production verification testing and release management, to assure quality outcomes and maximise delivery efficiency
- Support the BA team in analysing business problems/requirements, the impacted business processes, systems and data, discover new solution opportunities, identify business impacts, and mitigate project risks and issues
- Have some experience in capture business knowledge, requirements, or designs in documents, presentations
- Support training objectives and change management when implementing a new system or updates to existing systems
- Provide Admin support to the team.
Application Closing date: Sunday the 15th of May 2022
For further information please review the job information pack, Reference ARMY/01690/22 on Link: https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/?jati=E70C4118-7597-CF14-3AED-C8788E8BC101