About the Team:
Access Foundations Branch within the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), will deliver cutting edge capabilities to support ASD’s Signals Intelligence and Offensive Cyber Capabilities. These capabilities consists of a combination of:
About the Role:
The Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer will lead the design, integration, testing and documentation of engineering subsystems under broad direction and guidance. The RF Engineer will be required to work across a variety of disciplines including RF hardware systems, Digital Signal Processing and Software Defined Radios (SDR).
The RF Engineer will provide support and advice to team members in the required areas of expertise and share their knowledge to aid in improving staff understanding.
As ASD continues to grow, in particular under REDSPICE, there may be opportunities to perform these roles in other locations around Australia. Along with this, specific roles may attract additional payments under a skills payment arrangement. ASD is fully supportive of professional and personal development for all candidates.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience or Training
Desirable experience includes the following tasks:
- The design, integration, testing and documentation of engineering subsystems.
- Undertaking planning, design, management, execution and reporting of test plans and procedures using appropriate testing tools and techniques.
- Produce technical documentation to support capability acquisition and sustainment activities.
- Undertake testing using electronic debugging equipment (examples include oscilloscopes, logic analysers, spectrum analysers) to do fault finding and debugging of embedded hardware devices.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures.
Please ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Information Pack prior to submitting an application.
Citizenship - To be eligible for employment with ASD, applicants must be an Australian citizen.
Health Assessment - The preferred applicant may be required to undergo a medical examination conducted by the Agency’s preferred medical provider.
Organisational Assessment – To be eligible for employment within ASD, the preferred applicant will be required to undergo an Organisational Assessment (see Organisational Assessment section in the Information Pack).
Security Clearance - The preferred applicant will be required to successfully undergo the security clearance vetting process at a specified clearance level. The preferred applicant
MUST be willing to disclose all relevant and required information.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 23 October 2022.
For further information please review the job information pack, reference ASD/06578/22