Project Manager, Major Projects - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- $156,965 - $172,024 annual salary + 15% super
- Ongoing opportunity based in Canberra
- Excellent leadership opportunity shaping and delivering a prominent organisation’s strategy
We are looking for a motivated and inspiring self-starter to join our Major Projects team at Evoenergy.
As a key resource in the Major Projects team, you will need to bring with you considerable experience in delivering complex electrical infrastructure and commercial projects, and ideally some experience working in utility environments and associated technical and process knowledge.
Evoenergy is the electricity Distribution Network Service Provider for the ACT, and is responsible for operating and maintaining the electricity network. The Major Projects group is responsible for overseeing project planning, and the design, development, construction and commissioning activities for network- and customer-initiated zone, transmission, and chamber substations, transmission and 11kV feeders, new estate reticulation, and complex embedded generation connection projects within Evoenergy. At Evoenergy, we are committed to providing safe and reliable services to our city and surroundings. Investing in our people, technology and other innovations, is at the forefront of our minds to provide solutions to meet the needs of our consumers now and into the future.
What can we offer you?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, free gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
You will be responsible for:
- Strategic and tactical leadership of a portfolio of projects through oversight, coordination, direction of, and reporting on projects from inception to completion
- Manage projects to ensure efficient delivery in accordance with Evoenergy systems and processes
- Provide advice on the planning aspects of projects including technical feasibility, project delivery issues and cost-effectiveness, and innovations in design, construction
- Manage and report on all aspects of health, safety, environmental and quality issues
- Contribute as a member of the Asset Strategy Branch team planning
- Build strong external stakeholder relationships to keep abreast of current practices and ensure that Evoenergy’s service is in line with industry standards
Are you equipped with:
- Degree in Engineering (preferably electrical) and / or project management qualifications from a tertiary institution
- Knowledge and experience in project and contract management methodologies and tools, including financial control, document management, HSEQ policies and safe work practices
- Ability to build, manage and maintain stakeholder and customer relationships demonstrated by experience in contractor oversight and commercial negotiation
- Extensive technical experience and knowledge in energy networks planning, asset management, design, and / or construction, e.g. primary systems, secondary systems, SCADA
- Knowledge and experience in the use of information technology (IT) and Microsoft Office Products (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Project.) and flexibility to adapt and learn new IT platforms
Does this sound like you? We would love to hear from you!
How to apply
Does this role interest you? If so, we encourage you to apply through our online portal, submitting your resume and a one-page cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the role!
Applications close COB Friday 14 April; however, applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Applications should be addressed to Brad Eagle – Group Manager Major Projects. If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, you can contact Brad on 0406 959 769. If you need any guidance with the application process, you can email email@example.com.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Apr 2023
- ACT - Fyshwick
- $156,965 - $172,024 annual salary + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time