Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Ready to make a splash in your career?
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Regional team in NSW.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state. This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- 9-day fortnight
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
As a Project Manager, you will be accountable for the successful delivery of the projects through the management of internal and external resources. You have to manage the planning and delivery of a portfolio of asset projects to meet time, cost and quality objectives using WaterNSW project delivery frameworks and tools. You will control project performance through monitoring all aspects of project delivery and proactively managing situations that could impact on project outcomes. Provide accurate forecasts, regular and timely reporting on project parameters including progress against project plan, risks and issues and on project performance.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher tertiary qualification in Project Management or Engineering or demonstrated relevant experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of PMBOK or Prince 2 methodologies will be advantageous
- Proven ability to manage a range of different stakeholders and their potentially conflicting needs to obtain agreement on actions and outcomes
- Strong commercial acumen to identify benefits, opportunities and trade-offs to be made when formulating and executing business cases, project plans and contract negotiations
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a portfolio of projects preferred.
- Ability to assess safety and other risk exposures and proactively manage these across project lifecycles
- Experience working for public utilities an advantage
- Experience in successfully managing contracts, consultant engagements and contractors to efficiently and effectively deliver desired outcomes.
- Current NSW driver’s Licence
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing collaborative Project Manager who can manage multiple projects, enjoys working across the full Project delivery lifecycle, and is able to undertake regular travel around NSW.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Jun 2023
- Work Type:
- Full Time