Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Civil Project Engineers to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state. This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- 9-day fortnight
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Competitive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
As a Project Engineer, you will provide engineering expertise to ensure solutions are identified, developed and implemented while using WaterNSW project delivery frameworks and tools. You will work with Project Managers and oversee all the technical aspects in assigned projects, which includes planning for and managing the development of design, engineering and technical specifications and ensuring that the specifications, applicable legislation and standards are met. You will contribute to and support the development of project planning and delivery documentation, business cases, project scoping and briefs, implementation, reporting, and handover documentation.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher tertiary institution in Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of assets relevant to WaterNSW core asset base such as dams, water regulating structures, bridges, roads, canals, embankments, buildings and cranes etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards including WHS as they relate to the design and delivery of engineering projects
- Demonstrated experience in planning engineering and design activities, construction activities, site work and project completions would be well regarded
- Experience working collaboratively and making decisions with stakeholders to review, analyse, negotiate and implement technical solutions
- Ability to interpret, assess and review engineering designs, drawings and construction and other methodologies to ensure compliance with standards and to meet required objectives.
- Knowledge of PMBOK or Prince 2, or a keen willingness to learn Project Management methodologies
- Current NSW driver’s Licence
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing collaborative Project Engineers who can manage multiple projects, enjoys working across the full Project delivery lifecycle, and is able to undertake regular travel around NSW.
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.