Chemical Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Expertise in methane emissions abatement and/or carbon dioxide capture & utilisation!
- Full-time opportunity with access to flexible working arrangements!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
CSIRO’s Mineral Resources is one of the largest minerals research and development groups in the world, with a proud track record in delivering innovation and solutions across the mineral resources value chain. We apply our expert knowledge and specialised research to deliver innovation that solves the challenging, complex problems faced by minerals companies, mining equipment, technology and services (METS) companies, government, and other industry stakeholders.
As a Chemical Engineer you’ll be a part of the Environment and Sustainability Research working collaboratively on research projects in the areas of methane emissions abatement and carbon dioxide capture & utilisation. So, what is so exciting about this role? You’ll have the opportunity to manage an industry project on the full-scale development of a coal mine ventilation air methane (VAM) mitigation reactor and come up with innovative technologies to reduce methane and carbon dioxide emissions from hard-to-abate sectors.
Applications are invited across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
Your duties will include:
- Develop methane emissions mitigation and capture technologies
- Develop new processes and technologies for carbon capture and utilisation
- Work collaboratively with team members to carry out the tasks in support of the team’s goals
- Under general direction, use professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience and achievement to formulate, develop and complete an approved research program.
- Take responsibility for smaller research projects or elements of larger projects within and/or across Business Units.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$105k – AU$142k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in Chemical Engineering or relevant field
- Demonstrated expertise in methane emissions abatement and/or carbon dioxide capture and utilisation
- Solid experience in conducting laboratory experiments and developing laboratory scale rigs
- Demonstrated ability to undertake original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions to scientific research problems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse problems and develop appropriate and practical solutions.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills to deliver research outcomes on time
- A demonstrated publication history of authorship on scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and/or reports, grant applications or inventorship on patent applications.
- Experience in using Aspen for process simulation
- Experience in electrochemical CO2 reduction or other CO2 conversion
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/ New Zealand citizen, Australian Permanent Residents and international applicants (visa sponsorship may be provided to eligible candidates.)
Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
02 July 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 02 Jul 2023
- QLD - Pullenvale
- AU$105k – AU$142k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Mining & Resources