Senior Research Scientist / Microbiologist - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Research Scientist / Microbiologist
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Knowledge of Biologics production for microbial hosts
- Be a part of a highly collaborative and cohesive manufacturing R&D team
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science Agency!
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit brings together multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to partner with industry to develop innovative products and processes that allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
The Biologics Research and Development group produces Biologics to support external clients’ research programs. You’ll be a part of the Biologics Production – Microbial team engaging with clients to understand their research proposal, and project budget and then design expression constructs, engineer strains, optimise production processes, and produce the biologics from a wide variety of microbial hosts at scale.
Your duties will include:
- Formulating, developing, and completing an approved research program with knowledge of other scientific disciplines and research experience.
- Developing challenging but realistic research plans and negotiating resource requirements with research managers or clients.
- Taking responsibility for smaller research projects or elements of larger projects within and/or across Business Units.
- Supervising staff to ensure experiments are established in accordance with the research design and are completing it within the agreed timeframes and budget.
- Acting as a trusted advisor and utilising knowledge of the client’s business and understanding of their underlying needs.
- Anticipating industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaising and networking.
- Identifying and adapting quickly to changes in client needs and market directions.
Salary: AU$121k – AU$142k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite / Casual
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD (or an equivalent combination of qualifications and research experience) in a relevant field such as Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, or Boiochemistry.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake original, creative and innovative research by generating and pursuing novel ideas and solutions to scientific research problems.
- Demonstrated science eminence in the area of Biologics production from microbial hosts. This will include a demonstrated publication history of authorship on scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and/or reports, grant applications or inventorship on patent applications and presentations at science or industry meetings.
- Demonstrated experience in leading people, engaging with colleagues, providing coaching and support and enabling growth
- Proven track record in leading projects to successful outcomes, engaging with stakeholders, communicating proposals and results and delivering on milestones.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of biologics (proteins, macromolecules or small molecule bioactive) in microbial hosts.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens or Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26 March 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 26 Mar 2023
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$121k – AU$142k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: