Senior Network Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Network Engineer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements!?
- Highly collaborative work environment
The Pawsey Supercomputing Research Centre is a tier-1 high-performance computing facility accelerating scientific discoveries for Australia’s researchers. Located in Perth, Western Australia, Pawsey is currently serving scientists across the nation in domains such as radio astronomy, energy and resources, engineering, bioinformatics and health sciences. Pawsey supports Australia's commitment to the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) and Australian pathfinder projects (ASKAP and MWA).
The Centre is managed through a long-standing and successful unincorporated joint venture of the CSIRO, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and The University of Western Australia, and supported by funding from the Western Australian and Federal governments.
Your duties will include:
- Provide technical advice relating to Networks and integrated technology services, standards and procedures to team members, management and business owners.
- Contribute towards the growth and development of Network infrastructure services.
- Contribute to and lead planning, development and collaboration across infrastructure technologies to ensure seamless integration of converged platforms.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging IT trends and standards via formal and informal training and research to ensure an appropriate technical direction for the organisation and adherence within the environment.
- Contribute positively to stimulate and promote a team approach, and develop sound working relationships with service users and business owners.
- Liaise and build relationships with clients and system business owners.
- Co-ordinate and produce technical specifications, architectural documentation, project/program proposals and maintain systems documentation as required.
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: AU $121,455 to AU $142,321pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 24 months
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in IT or related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience deploying, configuring and administering the following technologies at an enterprise scale:
- Cisco Wireless
- Cisco Networking - LAN, MAN, WAN
- Data Centre Networking, including Cisco ACI
- Palo Alto firewall solutions
- Reverse Proxy platforms (Citrix ADC)
- Networking fibre optic solutions
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, geographically dispersed team, and carry out tasks under general direction in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
- Demonstrated experience applying Cyber Security principles in the design and implementation of enterprise networking solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice to team members, management and clients including the mentoring of junior staff.
- Experience with Data Centre facilities, infrastructure installation and cable management.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens Only
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
2nd March 2023, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 02 Mar 2023
- WA - Perth
- AU $121,455 to AU $142,321pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: