Software Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility
- Use your skills and experiences as a Software Engineer to support something truly special.
- Build your career with Australia's premier scientific organisation
The Australian Reference Genome Atlas is an indexing service for aggregating, discovering, filtering, and accessing complex life science data. We are innovating a new platform and are looking for a talented developer to be part of our team delivering products that support the bioinformatics, genomics, biodiversity, agriculture, and biosecurity research sectors.
Your duties will include:
- Create, develop, and maintain high quality code that meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Work collaboratively with team members to solve technical problems and deliver to customer needs and expectations
- Undertake best-practice software engineering practices including CI/CD, creating and maintaining units, integration and functional tests, and dev-ops practices.
- Other duties as directed
Location: Canberra or Brisbane preferred but will consider all locations where CSIRO have a significant presence
Salary: AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 18 months
To be considered you will need:
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: React.js, Angular, Grails or Spring; experience with Linux OS.
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with git version control system (or equivalent).
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving issues to achieve desired results.
- Experience with configuration management or infrastructure as code tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a cloud environment, such as AWS, GCP, Azure or OpenStack, and experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience or knowledge of cyber security concepts and best practices.
- Experience with genomics/bioinformatics and/or biodiversity data.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21st October 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 21 Oct 2022
- AU$102,724 to AU$111,165 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time