- Do you enjoy identifying and solving clients problems?
- Use your skills to help with innovative software solutions
- Join the CSIRO IMT & support Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
The Scientific Computing group within the Information Management & Technology (IMT) function provides end-to-end infrastructure ranging from generic corporate IT systems through to leading edge High Performance Computing (HPC) data processing tools and platforms. The Science Applications team provides research software engineering expertise to the full spectrum of computational science and research carried out within CSIRO.
The Research Software Engineer (Web and Cloud) will work on real-world problems in a leading R&D organisation alongside a team of diverse software engineers and technical specialists.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Baseline Australian Government security clearance.
Your duties will include
- Engage with Scientific Computing clients to understand needs and deliver against them.
- Act as a consultant and knowledge resource for Scientific Computing clients and other IMT teams.
- Provide technical information and guidance around Scientific Computing's service and capabilities.
- Identify and solve client problems proactively, and be responsible for support requests and escalations.
- Be a trusted adviser to clients and decision makers.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Canberra, ACT or Sydney, NSW or Melbourne, VIC
Salary: AU$82,450 - AU$93,280 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of a scientific computing language such as Python, R, Fortran, C, C++, or MATLAB.
- Demonstrated experience developing and supporting scientific web applications written in modern frameworks used by the scientific community such as Shiny, Dash, or Jupyter.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems by identifying and considering the implications of a range of available alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with independence and self-motivation within a team environment.
- The ability, willingness and motivation to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of science.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday 21 February 2019