- Do you have an interest to develop and expand operating systems?
- Use your skills to assist develop, maintain, and test projects
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint operating system engineers.
In this position you will assist to develop and expand operating systems (seL4 and eChronos) and their surrounding infrastructure to bring a software platform with an unprecedented level of trust to the world. You will collaborate with researchers, external companies, and the open-source community.
Your duties will include
- Under guidance, develop, maintain, and test projects and infrastructure on and around the seL4 operating system, including the static Camkes platform, dynamic user-level libraries, virtual machine managers, on a variety of ARM, x86 and RISCV hardware.
- Contribute to our growing set of documentation, tutorials and other resources for internal team members and the open-source community as a whole.
- Interact with our collaborators, including open-source, external companies and researchers, via our mailing list and other communication channels.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues as part of an agile and semi-autonomous team of OS engineers to carry out tasks in support of scientific research.
Location: Kensington NSW
Salary: AU$63,594 - AU$80,937 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- Programming experience in low-level, unmanaged languages (C, assembler).
- Programming experience in scripting languages.
- Experience with current engineering practices including version control, continuous integration, issue tracking and code review.
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and concepts (virtual memory, process management, etc).
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday 04 December 2019 at 11.59pm AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date