- Newly Created role with the City of Coffs Harbour
- Work life balance.
- Opportunity to develop and lead a dynamic and enthusiastic team!
About the role
The City is looking for an experienced professional to lead the Water and Wastewater Planning and Delivery Section. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and collaborative leader to join our organisation, taking this role on as their own to cultivate opportunity and growth within their teams.
The role will provide expertise and recommendations that will impact the future of our environment and our community. This section delivers long-term strategic planning, develops forward works programs, and delivers strategic and capital projects for the City's drinking water, wastewater, and recycled water systems. In addition, there may be opportunity to assist the Waste Services Section with similar services.
The ideal candidate will have experience in leading a diverse team of professionals in their fields. Leading a team of 6-12 water industry professionals, you will shape, guide, and develop your team to deliver water and wastewater planning and delivery services for the City of Coffs Harbour.
For a full scope of the position and key responsibilities please refer to the position description attached.
Do you have these key attributes?
- Strong knowledge of the Water and Wastewater industry.
- The ability to build and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- A genuine passion to mentor and lead a successful team to achieve organisational goals.
- Skills to manage and prioritise tasks.
What's on offer?
- Attractive Salary starting at $118,000 + Superannuation + 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance on base salary.
- Guaranteed 6.5% award increase on base salary delivered incrementally across 2024 / 2025.
- Permanent Full Time 35 hours per week
- Coffs Coast Based
- Options to accrue flex time and flexible working arrangements.
- Generous leave entitlements - long service leave after 5 years
- Scope for performance-based salary increases.
Essentials Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Water and Wastewater Management, or equivalent related disciplines.
- Significant experience in water and wastewater strategy development and project management.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- National Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White card
- Experience with the Technology One Enterprise Management Systems, specifically Project Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Eligibility for full membership of Engineers Australia, the Project Management Institute or equivalent professional body.
Want more information?
If you have question in relation to the position, please reach out to Adam Wilson, Group Leader Water and Wastewater Services via phone 0437 408 504 or email email@example.com
If you have questions in relation to your application or the recruitment process, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the PD, and to apply for this role go to: https://coffsharbour.recruitmenthub.com.au/Positions-Vacant
& enter ref code: 6488468
Applications close 9 pm AEDT on 26 November 2023.
City of Coffs Harbour is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and backgrounds to apply.
The City of Coffs Harbour
Committed to the Pursuit of Excellence. The City of Coffs Harbour strives to deliver excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do.
We support our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally while being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
Interested in a dynamic career working in one of NSW's most beautiful regions? Coffs Harbour is a thriving community with something for everyone! There has never been a better time to join our team. Check out the benefits of living on the Coffs Coast.