Senior Operations Engineer
Central Coast Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Operations Engineer
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Exciting project and operational role all in one and working within our water and sewer team
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent full time
- Leaseback Vehicle/Vehicle Allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
As the Senior Operations Engineer you will be responsible for providing direction to employees and assisting management with the alignment of strategic, operational and organisational objectives. This will be achieved through providing strategic, operational advice combined with the day-to-day response, control and investigation of operational issues.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- utilise knowledge and experience of Council's SCADA system to identify operational improvements to water and sewer network operations
- work with the Section Manager Systems Operations to develop, monitor and control the performance of the Systems Operations section projects and activities
- supervising a small team of engineering and/or field staff as required
- develop business cases that clearly define opportunities and strategies for water and sewer network operational improvements, including improvements to systems control
- work with field teams and Council’s SCADA system to monitor and control major or significant operational events and activities including water bulk transfers, planned system outages or emergency events.
- You are experienced in Water and Sewer network operations
- You have experience using SCADA
- You are familiar with industry standards within the Water industry for example WSAA
- You are excited by a combined project and operational role
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community
- You’ll be joining a team of water and sewer engineering professionals who excel at what they do
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $96.3k to $129.9k per annum dependent on skills and experience (inclusive of Market Loading and 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance) + 11% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $200.97 per week ($10,450 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles OR a vehicle allowance of $200.97 per week ($10,450 per annum) is also an available option.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role, with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Enquiries: Owen Boustead Section Manager Systems Operations on 0459 034 867
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday, 3 March 2024.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Mar 2024
- NSW - Wyong
- Range of between $96.3k to $129.9k per annum + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time