Senior Operations Engineers
Central Coast Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Operations Engineers
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Exciting project and operational role all in one, within water and sewer
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
- Leaseback Vehicle/Vehicle Allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
This role will see you providing daily operational advice and responses in the control and investigation of issues within the water and sewer network. This in turn will lead to identifying improvements to the network and its operation, leading you to develop business cases for the improvements and initiating projects and programs to deliver on these improvements, with the assistance of small engineering teams and operational employees.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Identify operational improvements to water and sewer network operations;
- Develop business cases that clearly define opportunities and strategies for water and sewer network operational improvements;
- Work with field teams and Council’s SCADA system to monitor and control operational events.
- You are excited by a combined project and operational role;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of water and sewer engineering professionals who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation;
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $92.1k to $120.5k per annum dependent on skills and experience (inclusive of Market Loading) + 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance + 10.5% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $165 per week ($8,580 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles OR a vehicle allowance of $165 per week ($8,580 per annum) is also an available option.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role, with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Hugh Williams, Lead Operations Engineer on ph: 0438 646 107
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Monday, 10 April 2023.
- Closing Date:
- 10 Apr 2023
- NSW - Wyong
- $92.1k to $120.5k p.a + 10.5% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time