Development Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Central Coast Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Work on a range of projects within Water and Sewer to deliver great services for the community
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
- Leaseback Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Our ideal candidate will be an autonomous worker who enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a high attention to detail. You thrive working as part of a great team working together to deliver services to the Central Coast community.
You will have an appreciation for the built and natural environment as you consider asset quality and management, safety and risk, sustainability, community expectations and impacts. You will be an excellent communicator, building strong relationships with other stakeholders who impact water and sewer.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Ensuring the development of the Region enhances and protects the natural and built environment
- Providing advice regarding the assessment and determination of Water and Sewer engineering requirements for developments and Council’s statutory responsibilities for acceptance of public infrastructure works
- Supporting and advising the Technical Officers on issues relating to the design, construction and commissioning of water supply and sewerage assets
- You may have a degree in engineering or related field or experienced in a similar role
- You will have a sound knowledge of water supply and sewerage engineering standards, practices and relevant legislation
- You will be capable of making sound and reasonable judgements when faced with complex problems
- You will be an excellent communicator witht he ability to build relationships across all levels of stakeholders
- You are capable of weighing competing priorities in regards to infrastructure asset manageemnt, risk and financial liabilities, legal and environmental impacts and technical and sustainability issues
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community
- You’ll be joining a team of professionals who excel at what they do
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle
- Generous Leave Provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health & Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave - 2 weeks
- Novated Leasing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle
- Health & Wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations
- Recognition of Service
- Council Child Care Salary Sacrifice
- Professional Development opportunities
- Individual career development and learning opportunities
- Reward & Recognition programs
Please refer to the Position Description through the 'Apply' button for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $82.1k to $98.5k per annum dependent on skills and experience (inclusive of 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance) + 10.5% superannuation.
A leaseback vehicle is provided in this role for official duties and private use and your choice of vehicle will be provided when one becomes available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy. In the meantime, either an alternate pre-used vehicle or a vehicle allowance of $165 per week ($8,580 per annum) is temporarily applied for this position due to ongoing issues with supply for new vehicles.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Johnson Zhang Team Leader Water Assessments on ph: 02 4350 5766
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday 26th March 2023.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Mar 2023
- NSW - Wyong
- $82.1k to $98.5k per annum + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time