Senior Electrical Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Electrical Engineer
- Lead one of our high performing electrical engineering teams
- Be at the forefront of Renewable Technologies
- Based in our modern Perth CBD office with onsite travel – Perm Full time role
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focused on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the Power Generation Engineering team based in Perth on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Head of Engineering. The successful applicant will establish the technical standards required to lead and drive the electrical engineering discipline within the engineering team and the associated electrical infrastructure within our power stations, transmission and distribution systems, development, documentation, and maintenance of the asset management systems inclusive of supporting technical standards, processes, systems and procedures in line with regulatory requirements.
The role also focuses on the provision of specialist electrical technical support, project management and service to the operations and maintenance groups who are accountable for the delivery of the site-specific asset management plans including Capex Projects and commissioning of new power generation assets.
- Lead one of the high performing electrical engineering teams
- Manage development, documentation and maintenance of systems appropriate for the electrical engineering discipline
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for all Electrical Power Assets and develop Alinta Energy’s electrical and technical standards
- Ensure asset management plans and milestones are aligned with Power Generation strategy, with appropriate contributions from other AE employees
- Guide operational sites in development, delivery and cost management of maintenance and CAPEX plans, with regular reviews against plan and budget
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key senior internal customers and other key stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Professional Engineer with NER status
- Significant power generation, transmission and distribution experience
- Strategic understanding of the operations & maintenance of power plants, with demonstrated experience in the development and management of asset plans
- High level of project management, electrical engineering expertise
- Working knowledge of the Australian Energy environment specifically the NEM NWIS and WEM environments
This is a great opportunity to join an energetic and collaborative team. You will be a key Leader of the power generation engineering team and will have a strong focus on Specialist Engineering Leadership in the areas of power system control philosophies, modelling and analysis to ensure power quality and performance.
One of our key values at Alinta is ‘People Matter’, so even if you don’t possess all the mentioned skills and experience, we would still encourage you to apply!
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks, and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a 2023 Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 10th of February 2023
- Closing Date:
- 10 Feb 2023
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time