Controls & Instrumentation Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
- Varied role - Renewable energy - numerous power stations
- Join our high performing and dynamic team
- Based in our modern Perth CBD offices – With flexible working options
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to join our Engineering team based in Perth on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Operational Technology Manager, this is an excellent and varied opportunity to provide SCADA and Control Systems engineering design, technical document preparation, coding, commissioning and testing a diverse range of control systems solutions. This role will also support Alinta Energy’s Power Generation Operations and the delivery of projects for new assets and upgrades to existing plant and equipment.
- Manage development, documentation and maintenance of systems appropriate for the controls & instrumentation discipline
- Ensure asset management plans and milestones are aligned with Power Generation strategy
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key senior internal customers and other key stakeholders
- Provide technical support to enable site teams to deliver CAPEX projects, including project management, scope development, risk assessment and on-site execution
- Guide operational sites in development, delivery and cost management of maintenance and CAPEX plans
- An Engineering Degree
- Chartered Professional Engineer with NER status
- Extensive practical experience in the utilities sector
- Strategic understanding of the operations & maintenance of power plants, with demonstrated experience in the development and management of asset plans
- Operation and troubleshooting, cold and hot commissioning, troubleshooting and upgrades of Alstom GT Control System for GT13E2 and GT26 Gas Turbines
- ABB AC160 and AC450 Maintenance, Online and Offline Downloads
- ODC Installation and Commissioning
- ABB 800xA HMI Development, Aspect Server, Connectivity Server and OPC configuration
- Significant control and instrumentation system engineering experience, including a high-level proficiency on a variety of Control systems including Honeywell Experion, Allen-Bradley (PLC5, CompactLogix, ControlLogix), Citect SCADA and Schneider ClearSCADA
This is a great opportunity to join an energetic and collaborative team. You will be a key member of the engineering team and have exposure to a diverse range of engineering matters where two days are never the same.
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Applications close: 30 Jun 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jun 2023
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time