Senior Renewable Electrical Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Renewable Electrical Engineer
- Permanent full-time role, location flexible, Melbourne or Sydney with some travel required.
- Put your stamp on the energy transition in a role that will have real impact for large C&I customers.
- Opportunity to use your technical expertise and deliver sustainable and efficient energy solutions.
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About The Role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Renewable Electrical Engineer to join our New Markets team reporting to the Head of Design & Delivery. As a senior Engineer within the microgrid team, you will be at the forefront of developing and implementing innovative, customer driven, renewable energy solutions. Working closely with cross functional teams to design, engineer and execute solar PV and battery storage projects that are tailored to meet the specific needs of our commercial and industrial clients.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to ensure installations comply with design specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with clients, regulatory bodies, DNSPs and third party vendors to facilitate project approvals, permitting, and grid interconnection processes.
- Carry out detailed design, sizing and calculations and verify and check the design done by others
- Prepare comprehensive technical documentation, reports and drawings for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop solar PV and battery energy storage designs, ensuring optimal performance, reliability and safety.
- Design electrical schematics, single-line diagrams and layout plans for system installations.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive relevant experience working in a commercial, industrial or mining related business.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field, masters degree preferred.
- CEC certification is advantageous
- Proven experience in the design, engineering, and deployment of solar PV and battery energy storage systems, particularly in commercial, industrial and mining settings
- Strong proficiency in relevant software tools, such as PVsyst, Gridcog, Orkestra, Helioscope, HOMER and AutoCAD
- In depth knowledge of Australian energy regulations, codes, and standards
- Professional engineering status such as MIEAust (or equivalent) and RPEQ or eligible for registration as RPEQ.
This is a great opportunity to join the New Markets business and use your technical expertise and creative problem-solving skills which will contribute to our mission of delivering sustainable and efficient energy solutions.One of our key values at Alinta is ‘People Matter’, so even if you don’t possess all the mentioned skills and experience, we would still encourage you to apply!
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home.
- Staff energy discount offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application.
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Access to LinkedIn learning
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- Company paid salary continuance insurance.
- Ability to purchase additional leave.
- Modern offices with free snacks, drinks, and coffee
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a 2023 Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 22nd of September.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Sep 2023
- Work Type:
- Full Time