Whitsunday Regional Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Location – Proserpine
Base Salary – up to $125 000 per annum
The Whitsunday Regional Council is situated at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The region encompasses the 74 tropical Whitsunday Islands, the coastal towns of Cannonvale, Airlie Beach, Jubilee Pocket, Shute Harbour and Bowen along with the rural towns of Proserpine and Collinsville. The Whitsunday region offers a dynamic environment and is perfectly placed to live, work, play and invest.
An exciting opportunity exists within our Development Services directorate for a Development Engineer.
As Development Engineer, you will play an integral role in managing the Operational Works aspect of development within Council, ensuring that works are carried out in accordance with Council’s development standards.
As the Development Engineer you will provide support to the Development Assessment and Strategic Planning teams through a variety of tasks including network strategy and planning, project management, providing high quality technical engineering advice on transport assets for development applications and operational works, assisting with road safety audits and scoping of projects for the development of the long-term financial plan and Local Government Infrastructure Plan.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia as eligible for membership as a Professional Engineer or extensive experience in the technical assessment of development applications and approvals and associated strategic infrastructure planning.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of infrastructure planning, asset management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a dynamic work environment, with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse information, prepare and present accurate and concise reports.
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to communicate, in writing and verbally, with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated aptitude to continuous improvement and a commitment to professional development.
- C Class drivers’ licence.
- Australian citizenship with an ability to work legally in Australia
To view the position description please click on the job attachments tab above. To apply, click the ‘Apply’ button above. For any further information regarding this role, please contact a member of our Human Resources Operations team on (07) 4761 3615.
Council is committed to providing a healthy work environment for individuals working, visiting or conducting business at Council workplaces and is transitioning to a Smoke Free Workplace.
Council practices Equal Employment Opportunities and Workplace Health and Safety Principles.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Oct 2023
- QLD - Proserpine
- Base Salary – up to $125 000 per annum
- Work Type:
- Full Time