Coliban Region Water Corporation is based in Bendigo and is one of the largest Victorian regional urban water corporations. Our service area covers 16,550 square kilometers including 49 towns and is at the southern gateway to the Murray-Darling basin – Australia’s food bowl. We manage, maintain and operate over 34 reservoirs and water storage basins and provide water and waste services to both urban and rural customers.
Coliban Water is an employer that supports employment equity and diversity. We value the skills, knowledge and experience a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the organisation and encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
About the role
The Network Health Coordinator role is part of the Asset and Operations Unit. The role is focussed on ensuring Coliban Water provides safe drinking water by efficiently and effectively managing water network disinfection, water system management, managing operational plans, oversight of our strategic partners and planning for long term growth and development of the network.
The role reports to the Urban Services Manager and works closely with our strategic partners and other staff in the broader Asset and Operation Unit.
The primary responsibilities of the Network Health Coordinator role are:
- Operational knowledge and professional judgement in the operation of water networks and assets within tolerance and aligned to best practice so that public health outcomes are enhanced
- Identify, develop and implement tactical plans/strategies to provide safe drinking water to our customers and the community
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks, guidelines and policies related to the management of drinking water quality within the network including emergency management
The salary and conditions for this position will be as per the Coliban Water Enterprise Agreement 2021 Band 4 $89,915 - $113,619 base salary range will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with their skills and experience.
- Considerable knowledge and skills gained through on-the-job training and experience in an water industry operational setting.Or, relevant operational experience together with a relevant tertiary qualification, such as, an Engineering or Science degree.
- This is a senior position with critical responsibilities to business delivery. From time to time, work outside business hours to deliver on deadlines will be required.
- May be required to work at remote locations requiring overnight stay on occasions.
- Employment subject to compliance with the Coliban Water COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Special assessments & inherent requirements
- Valid and current Australian workers’ rights
- Applicants and employees may be requested to undertake testing such as psychometric testing, and assessments (pre-employment and mid-employment) including medical assessments (e.g.: audiometric, functional movement, physical) police checks, working with children check, security clearances and drug testing
- It is an inherent requirement that all Coliban Water employees successfully complete all core-training requirements in expected timeframes
To discuss this position in more detail please contact Nathalie Lopez, Water Network Services Manager on 03 5434 1287.
Position Description: Network Health Coordinator
To apply, click the red button below. From the Coliban Water Careers page, apply by submitting your resume and cover letter. Applications close Sunday 23 OCtober 2022 - please note candidates may be contacted before the closing date.