Manager Water Network Operations - [Archived Advertisement]
Hunter Water Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Water Network Operations
- Get the balance right – flexible working options available
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Support the sustainable delivery of an essential service to the Lower Hunter community
We are seeking a Manager Water Network Operations to join our Operations Group
At Hunter Water our Values define who we are as an organisation and how we behave. We strive to live these Values and it is shown in the work we do and the way in which we interact with each other. Please click here to learn more about Hunter Water’s Values.
At Hunter Water we fundamentally believe in and commit to diversity and inclusion. We value an individual's unique capabilities, backgrounds, experiences and characteristics. We rely on these diverse perspectives to drive innovation and collaboration, to deliver the best outcome for our customers and communities.
It is this diversity of perspectives that will enable Hunter Water to meet the challenges of the future. We strive to create an inclusive environment where there is genuine equality of opportunity regardless of people's gender, age, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status. We encourage you to apply and welcome all applications.
We are embarking on a new strategic direction to build a more innovative, collaborative and resilient organisation that is a thought leader in developing a sustainable water and wastewater future. Please click here to learn more about Hunter Water’s Towards 2024 strategy.
At Hunter Water we offer a range of employee benefits. For this position, these will include, but are not limited to:
- A range of additional leave benefits – including additional Public Holidays, Community Service Leave, paid Parental Leave.
- Health & Wellbeing benefits – including Fitness Passport, access to discounted health fund & health services and Employee Assistance Program
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Attractive Salary Package including access to annual bonus scheme
As the Manager Water Network Operations you will manage the Water Network Operations team whose main functions are to support day to day operation on Hunter Water's drinking water network. The Water Network Operations team currently has 6 direct reports and main areas of responsibility for the team are water quality and continuity of supply. The Manager role also contributes to water quality management and coordination for emergencies and incident response.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and coordinate the Water Network Operations team to perform day to day operational functions and deliver longer term projects including maintenance and upgrades
- Take accountability for the safe and efficient operational performance and compliance of potable and recycled water systems
- Maintain highly effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Engineering or an equivalent related discipline
- Operational experience and strong demonstrated understanding of water networks including application of Australian Drinking Water Guidelines
- Experience communicating and working with regulatory authorities such as NSW Health, IPART and the EPA
- Demonstrated high level communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with a proven focus and desire to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Highly developed organisational skills demonstrated through the ability to manage conflicting priorities whilst delivering on key milestones
- Experience leading a team and coaching individuals to deliver high levels of customer service and effective operational outcomes
- High level understanding of the Australian water industry and relevant operational issues through the whole process from catchment to tap
- Aptitude to effectively utilise information technology including computerised control and monitoring systems, geographical information systems, incident management systems, enterprise resource planning systems and engineering plans and drawings
- Qualifications in business, management or another relevant discipline
To be considered for this position applicants must submit a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria listed above and provide a current resume.
Application closing date : Sunday 9 October 2022.
Interested? Apply Now!
Employment with Hunter Water Corporation may be subject to pre-employment functional assessment, drug and alcohol testing and psychometric assessment for preferred external applicants.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Oct 2022
- NSW - Newcastle
- Work Type:
- Full Time