Principal Engineer / Senior Engineer/ Engineer Power System
Powerlink Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Principal Engineer / Senior Engineer/ Engineer Power System
At Powerlink, every possibility starts with you
We believe life's about possibilities. And so's the future.
That's why we need you. As a Principal Engineer/ Senior Engineer /Engineer within our Power System Performance & Connections team you'll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to over five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses. No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It's every community connected and every future made possible.
Together, we're gearing up for an even brighter future, working at the heart of Queensland's energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us grow our impact and ensure we're ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
As a Principal Engineer/ Senior Engineer /Engineer, you'll help find clever solutions to interesting power system problems as you grow your skills every day. And you'll do it with down-to-earth people who you're proud to work with and get to know.
We currently have multiple opportunities at the Principal Engineer, Senior Engineer and Engineer level to support our Power System Performance & Connections team. We want your experience to be part of a team of technical experts optimising power system performance and renewable energy connections.
You will make recommendations on the connection or modification of synchronous, non-synchronous generators (Wind Farms, Solar Farms, BESS) and new inverter based loads. You will also be responsible for performing system level assessment in EMT, RMS and frequency (small signal) domain, setting of network control systems and the specification of network plants.
Your key accountabilities include:
- Leading projects/investigations to model and simulate power system behaviour;
- Assessing the impact of renewable energy integration on network performance, limitations, security and development of the network;
- Making recommendations on the connection of Pump Hydro and Synchronous Condensers to the network;
- Assessing new and modified generating systems and inverter based load for compliance with NER performance standards and modelling requirements.
Your role plays a key part in ensuring that our technical requirements, performance and quality of supply standards are met. Importantly you will be supporting the delivery of reliable, sustainable and cost effective electricity to all of Queensland.
What you'll bring
You must have a degree qualification in Electrical Engineering and be eligible for RPEQ.
You may have all or most of what we are looking for and we can consider your application, even if you don't have all of the following experience with:
- Power system plant characteristics and the ability to model power system plant and power system behaviour;
- Techniques to assess plant and power system performance;
- Reporting analytical results and recommendations for action to internal & external clients;
- The National Electricity Rules (NER) with respect to the system standards and generator performance standards (GPS).
What matters most is your drive to make an impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you'll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day
There's lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say there's three things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You'll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, clean energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You'll help find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You'll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you'll be proud to work with.
You'll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Relocation assistance & visa sponsorship available
- Family, friendly and flexible work arrangements.
- 9-day fortnight roster available
- Free parking, onsite gym and cafeteria
Be the start of every possibility
There's so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter. Application close 11:59pm 15th of October 2023. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
For international candidates, Visa sponsorship will be considered.
If you'd like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at email@example.com.
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to: reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks.
We're proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and commit to respond to every applicant.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Oct 2023
- QLD - Brisbane
- Salary package $200K
- Work Type:
- Full Time